NPDF K-9 Health Insurance Fund Grant Application
The National Police Dog Foundation (NPDF) will be awarding fifty (50) 1-year K-9 Health Insurance Grants from its K-9 Health Insurance Fund. All working K-9s aged 1-4-years-old are eligible to apply including K-9s specializing in scent detection, search & rescue, suspect apprehension, etc.
The following grant restrictions apply:
- The grants are restricted to Law Enforcement Agencies in the United States
- The Agency must have an active K-9 unit
- The K-9s must be on active duty
- The K-9s must be between one (1) and four (4) years old. (K-9s five (5) and older will not be considered at this time)
- Only one (1) application per Agency will be accepted
- Grant application deadline is March 31st, 2018. No applications will be accepted after this date.
- Grant recipients will receive notification via email by April 30th, 2018. Grant recipients will also be listed in our May 2018 e-newsletter.
- K-9 Medical Insurance must be obtained from a NPDF assigned insurance provider.
- If the K-9 is awarded the grant, but for any reason, the insurance provider rejects the K-9’s application for insurance, the Agency may apply the grant to another Agency K-9, providing the K-9 qualifies under Grant’s rules and regulations and qualifies with the NPDF designated insurance provider. If for some reason the Agency cannot qualify under these rules and regulations, the awarded grant will be withdrawn from the Agency and given to another Agency.
- Application form below must be completed in full.
By applying for this grant, applicants agree that before they can receive the grant, they will be required to complete and sign the rules and regulations of the grant. Failure to complete, sign and agree to the terms of the grant will disqualify the Agency from receiving the grant.
The following grant rules and regulations include, but are not limited to:
- The NPDF will not disburse grant funds directly to the Agency. NPDF will pay the insurance provider directly for the policy associated with the receiving Agency’s awarded grant.
- Agency agrees to send out a Press Release to all local news outlets and media, announcing to the community the receipt of the grant, and the role the NPDF and the K-9 Heath Insurance Fund is making it possible.
- Agency agrees to periodically send updates of special apprehensions, finds, press releases and photos for NPDF’s and for the assigned pet insurance provider’s marketing, press releases and website use.
- Agency agrees to complete, sign and comply with the NPDF’s and the assigned pet insurance provider’s photo/film model release form.
- Agency agrees to complete, sign and comply with the NPDF’s grant rules regarding the welfare and general veterinary wellness care, sale/adoption, and retirement of K-9.
- Agency agrees to supply a letter from the Chief or Sheriff on department letterhead, that they agree to the terms of the grant.
- Awarded grants must be used to purchase and bind the pet insurance policy within thirty (30) days of the grant being awarded.
- Agency agrees to comply with the Terms & Conditions of the pet insurance policy including but not limited to annual veterinary wellness examinations.
We welcome and encourage grant applications from all law enforcement agencies in the United States.
The National Police Dog Foundation is proud to offer funds and services that support Law Enforcement Agencies, handlers, and K-9s.
Please complete ALL the questions below and then click the submit button. Please be sure to supply both a work and private email address to ensure that we can reach you.