It is an unfortunate fact that dozens of law enforcement K-9s die from heat exhaustion in patrol cars every year.
The National Police Dog Foundation Heat Alarm Fund, purchases vehicle heat alarms for law enforcement agencies who cannot afford the alarms.
How do heat alarms help? When temperatures get too hot in the vehicle the Heat Alarms can automatically:
- activate the patrol car’s siren and light bar
- roll down the back windows
- notify the handler on a beeper or on their cell phone
- alarms come with dual sensors to average the heat in the vehicle
- alarms come with hot and cold alerts
…alarms can even be coupled with automatic door openers for a quick release of the K-9.
Please help us protect our K-9 heroes who put their lives on the line for us every day.