Please Donate

Your donations help the National Police Dog Foundation to do the important work we do. Law enforcement agencies approach us on a weekly basis for help, and we are pleased to support them with grants from our:

  • K-9 Purchasing Fund
  • K-9 Initial Training Fund
  • Active K-9 Medical Fund
  • Retired K-9 Medical Fund
  • K-9 Health Insurance Fund
  • K-9 Heat Alarm Fund
  • K-9 Memorial Fund

Help us, help them.

The National Police Dog Foundation is a volunteer-run not-for-profit charitable organization. The National Police Dog Foundation is a recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, which means your donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by the law.

You may also give a recurring monthly donation. After you fill in the form below you will be taken to a page where you can select a recurring monthly donation of $25, $50, $75 or $100 donation.

PLEASE NOTE: All undesignated donations to the National Police Dog Foundation go into the foundation’s General Fund. The distribution of the general funds is decided by the foundation’s board. If you wish to designate your donation to a specific fund, please indicate in the drop-down tab and notes field below.

Thank you for your donation. Every dollar helps.

To donate online please complete the form below
with specific instructions if needed
and then click next:


Mail your check to:

National Police Dog Foundation
2390-C Las Posas Rd. Suite #477
Camarillo, CA 93010


K-9s are considered a specialty unit, which means technically they could run a department without them, unlike police cars, police officers, and their training. More than 80% of a police department’s budget goes toward salaries, and the remaining 20% is needed for equipment and training of the officers. There are simply not enough funds for most agencies to include the costs of K-9 units in their general budget.

Because of this, most law enforcement agencies need public and corporate donations to purchase K9s and pay for the dog’s training and medical care.

Without your support, K-9 programs run the risk of being eliminated whenever departments are in financial distress. Without the assistance of NPDF, working and retired police dogs are at risk of having shorter and less comfortable lives, because the costs of their medical care is a heavy burden on the agencies. After a life of dedicated service to our communities, the K-9’s deserve a well-earned comfortable and restful retirement.

Estate Planning

By including the National Police Dog Foundation in your endowment and/or estate planning, you will have made it possible for Law Enforcement Service dogs in your hometown and across America to fight crime and save lives; Law Enforcement Service Dogs help find the lost, deter narcotic traffic, prevent terrorist actively, and are first responders in national disasters. Endowment Funds and estate planning benefit the National Police Dog Foundation by providing the desperately needed funds to purchase, train and provide medical care for active and retired K-9s.

Your estate gift and or endowment funds help you by:

•    Decreasing your income taxes.
•    Reducing or eliminating your capital gains and estate taxes.
•    Assuring the long-term stability of the National Police Dog Foundation.
•    Creating peace of mind knowing Law Enforcement Service Dogs are patrolling your streets and our nation.

Please become a National Police Dog Foundation Benefactor and help us support the K-9s that are putting their lives on the line every day to protect you!

Veterinary Services

The NPDF helps provide medical care for working and retired police K-9s. These K-9s have given invaluable service to their departments and our communities risking serious injury on a daily basis. The foundation seeks to honor that effort and service by making sure that these retirees have health and comfort in their later years. The generosity of our partner veterinarians and your donations is what makes this possible.

If you are a practicing veterinarian interested in partnering with the foundation, please contact the NPDF for more information. If you have a primary care veterinarian for your pet that you think may be interested in helping the NPDF, please forward this website or invite them to contact us. We invite private practitioners, general and specialty, to join in with the NPDF to provide much needed and genuinely appreciated veterinary care to police dogs nationwide. We also invite the individuals, foundations, and corporations to partner with us in providing this necessary care for America’s amazing K-9 cops.


The NPDF is constantly looking for volunteers to help at events. To volunteer your time please contact us.